Go Back   The Game Homepage Forums > Off Topic > Entertainment

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 08-27-2009, 11:03 AM
hano2's Avatar
Gamer
Power Drill
Better than 24.54% Better than 24.54% Better than 24.54%
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,194
hano2 will become famous soon enoughhano2 will become famous soon enough
Default

the reds r trailing the cardinals by 18.5 games biiaaatch
__________________
"When in doubt, whip it out"
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 09-02-2009, 02:38 AM
PartyPants's Avatar
Gamer
Power Drill
Better than 38.84% Better than 38.84% Better than 38.84%
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Principality of Sealand
Posts: 1,400
PartyPants has a spectacular aura aboutPartyPants has a spectacular aura aboutPartyPants has a spectacular aura aboutPartyPants has a spectacular aura about
Default

Dodgers got Jim Thome from the White Sox :0.

If we reach the World Series, we got a win DH.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 10-09-2009, 11:26 PM
PartyPants's Avatar
Gamer
Power Drill
Better than 38.84% Better than 38.84% Better than 38.84%
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Principality of Sealand
Posts: 1,400
PartyPants has a spectacular aura aboutPartyPants has a spectacular aura aboutPartyPants has a spectacular aura aboutPartyPants has a spectacular aura about
Default

FFFUUU!

The playoffs are underway and I'm the last one to have posted. I am disappoint.

Dodgers lead the Cards 2-0. I'm shocked and appalled.

Rockies and Phillies are tied at 1-1.

Angels are up 1-0 over Boston.

Yankees are up 1-0 over Minnesota.

Both my Wild Card picks(Tampa Bay and San Fransisco) failed.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 10-23-2009, 08:20 PM
Dylan's Avatar
Super Moderator
RoboSapien
Better than 77.53% Better than 77.53% Better than 77.53%
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 8,495
Dylan has a reputation beyond reputeDylan has a reputation beyond reputeDylan has a reputation beyond reputeDylan has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Dylan Send a message via MSN to Dylan Send a message via Skype™ to Dylan
Default

What a game yesterday (Yankees Angels).

I was saying during it "Scioscia is going to make a bad move and kill them, just wait" (although I didn't want that to happen, I could just tell he was unsure what to do). That 6 run inning by the Yankees, Lackey would have been able to end it, but here comes Scioscia proving me right. He takes him out, and on the FIRST PITCH the new pitcher throws it right down the middle and wam, three run double (and those count as earned runs against Lackey).

But then the Angels, thanks to Vlad, were able to come back.

I say it's going to end in 7 games, but I'm not going to make a guess at who, I just hope it ends with a good game.

Whoever wins will have their hands full with the Phillies. They'll have to hope that the Phillies are a little rusty after their break.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 10-24-2009, 03:14 AM
MattE's Avatar
Gamer
Recycle Bin
Better than 0.83% Better than 0.83% Better than 0.83%
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In a box, over the rainbow, in cloud, over your house
Posts: 850
MattE will become famous soon enoughMattE will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan View Post
What a game yesterday (Yankees Angels).

I was saying during it "Scioscia is going to make a bad move and kill them, just wait" (although I didn't want that to happen, I could just tell he was unsure what to do). That 6 run inning by the Yankees, Lackey would have been able to end it, but here comes Scioscia proving me right. He takes him out, and on the FIRST PITCH the new pitcher throws it right down the middle and wam, three run double (and those count as earned runs against Lackey).

But then the Angels, thanks to Vlad, were able to come back.

I say it's going to end in 7 games, but I'm not going to make a guess at who, I just hope it ends with a good game.

Whoever wins will have their hands full with the Phillies. They'll have to hope that the Phillies are a little rusty after their break.
lol. the phillies look like they'll be good for a long time.
__________________


Need a sig? Just check out my sig shop by clicking my sig, this text, or by visiting the art forum.

Cool, I just noticed I have a yellow bar in rep, though I'm not entirely sure how good that is, or if I even really care.


Invisible text FTW!
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 10-24-2009, 03:29 AM
Banned
Electric Can Opener
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 395
tall. has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan View Post
What a game yesterday (Yankees Angels).

I was saying during it "Scioscia is going to make a bad move and kill them, just wait" (although I didn't want that to happen, I could just tell he was unsure what to do). That 6 run inning by the Yankees, Lackey would have been able to end it, but here comes Scioscia proving me right. He takes him out, and on the FIRST PITCH the new pitcher throws it right down the middle and wam, three run double (and those count as earned runs against Lackey).

But then the Angels, thanks to Vlad, were able to come back.

I say it's going to end in 7 games, but I'm not going to make a guess at who, I just hope it ends with a good game.

Whoever wins will have their hands full with the Phillies. They'll have to hope that the Phillies are a little rusty after their break.
Quite the opposite of me (Your first sentence). I want the Angels to win, I'm not sure why, but my sixth sense wants them too. The Yankies/Angels will have 7 games, but I believe the Angels will win, because they have started getting better and are making outstanding comebacks, which most likely increased their morale by a lot. I want the Phillies to win the WS, I'm in the area, plus I like their pitcher, and batters, such as Ryan Howard and Jason Werth (misspelled?). The Angels/Yankees will have a rough time from here on out in their own series, and then the victor with the WS, I wonder if they will be able to deal with the all pressure and what-not. My opinions
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 10-24-2009, 04:41 AM
Dylan's Avatar
Super Moderator
RoboSapien
Better than 77.53% Better than 77.53% Better than 77.53%
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 8,495
Dylan has a reputation beyond reputeDylan has a reputation beyond reputeDylan has a reputation beyond reputeDylan has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Dylan Send a message via MSN to Dylan Send a message via Skype™ to Dylan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattE View Post
lol. the phillies look like they'll be good for a long time.
Yeah they got a lot of good young players that will be good for quite some time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tall. View Post
Quite the opposite of me (Your first sentence). I want the Angels to win, I'm not sure why, but my sixth sense wants them too.
A good game's a good game no matter who wins. And the Angels won, like you wanted, yet you didn't think it was a good game?
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 10-24-2009, 02:57 PM
Banned
Electric Can Opener
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 395
tall. has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan View Post
Yeah they got a lot of good young players that will be good for quite some time.


A good game's a good game no matter who wins. And the Angels won, like you wanted, yet you didn't think it was a good game?
I meant that I wanted the Angels to win, while you wanted the Yankees to win. I did think it was a good game. Sorry if I it was misunderstood.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 10-24-2009, 05:18 PM
Dylan's Avatar
Super Moderator
RoboSapien
Better than 77.53% Better than 77.53% Better than 77.53%
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 8,495
Dylan has a reputation beyond reputeDylan has a reputation beyond reputeDylan has a reputation beyond reputeDylan has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Dylan Send a message via MSN to Dylan Send a message via Skype™ to Dylan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tall. View Post
I meant that I wanted the Angels to win, while you wanted the Yankees to win. I did think it was a good game. Sorry if I it was misunderstood.
No, I wanted the Angels to win too, I could just tell by the look on Sciocia's face that he was going to make a bad move.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 10-24-2009, 05:51 PM
Banned
Electric Can Opener
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 395
tall. has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan View Post
No, I wanted the Angels to win too, I could just tell by the look on Sciocia's face that he was going to make a bad move.
I understand, that's amazing how you knew, I had no clue that he was going to blunder, but he did
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




Please support this website by checking out our sponsors!

All times are GMT. The time now is 11:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.